Coffee Inspired Desserts
Jun 27, 2022
Dessert? Coffee? Come on, you know you want both. So why not combine the two, satisfy both cravings, and also have some of the most mouth-watering desserts. The Italians know that dessert and espresso should just go together, so we are going to use their brilliant idea and show you some of the best desserts you can make with coffee. Andiamo!
Affogato is a popular Italian dessert that we have, thankfully, adopted here in the United States. The “affogato al Caffe” as it is traditionally called, is Italian for “drowned in coffee”. The dessert is in the name — take vanilla ice cream or gelato and drown it in espresso! That’s it, two ingredients and when you bite into this delectable dessert your taste buds won't know what hit them. It’s the perfect ratio of hot to cold with an incredible bittersweet flavor, so make sure you get a little espresso with every bite of ice cream.
Vanilla ice cream (or gelato)
Real Good Coffee Co Espresso (The stronger pods are the best to balance out with the ice cream)
How To Make
- Grab your favorite cup or mug and scoop in one scoop of ice cream or gelato.
- Prepare your espresso pod and pour your freshly brewed espresso over your ice cream.
Let’s be honest, the Italians know how to do dessert and coffee WELL. So, if you have never had tiramisu before, then now is your opportunity. This airy, coffee-flavored dessert is like no other there isn’t even something you could describe it to as it stands completely on its own. The creaminess from the whipped cream to the rich mascarpone, and not to mention the heavenly taste of espresso-soaked ladyfingers! One bit of tiramisu and it’s like you are instantly transported to the streets of Italy. The process to make tiramisu will take you about 30minutes to prepare so make sure you have the time set aside to give this dessert justice. Time to start cooking!
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 ½ cup heavy whipping cream
8oz container of mascarpone
3 tbsp coffee-flavored liquor
unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting
1tsp vanilla extract
25 ladyfingers (you can get these at almost any grocery store)
How To Make
- In a large bowl (or standing mixer) add heat whipping cream and beat on medium speed. Slowly add in sugar and vanilla and continue to beat until stiff peaks.
- Add in your mascarpone cheese and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl mix your 1 ¾ cup of Real Good Coffee Co Strongest Espresso and 3 tablespoons of coffee liquor.
- In an 8x8 baking dish, use a sifter and dust the bottom of the dish with cocoa powder.
- Very quickly, dip each ladyfinger into your espresso mixture and place them in the dish immediately after dipping. (Ladyfingers are extremely porous and will fall apart if you allow them to sit in the liquid for too long.)
- Repeat with each ladyfinger until you have one whole layer on the bottom of your pan.
- Spread half of the mascarpone mixture onto the base layer of ladyfingers for an even layer.
- Repeat your ladyfinger/espresso process for the second layer on top of your mascarpone mixture.
- Add the last of the mascarpone mixture on top of your second layer of espresso-dipped ladyfingers.
- Dust your top layer with the remaining cocoa powder.
- Wrap and allow to chill in your refrigerator for at least four hours (even better if it’s overnight).
- To serve, cut out a square and serve chilled. For a little added flavor, sip on a shot of Real Good Coffee espresso while you’re at it.
This Italian delicacy is one dessert you will not want to miss out on! The perfect combination of cream and coffee with just the right amount of sugar just might become your new favorite.
While this recipe may not be inspired or come from Italy, it is still just as delicious. Summer is here and so are we with the perfect way to cool you down and keep you caffeinated through these hot days! This spin on your childhood popsicles just might be the only way you eat popsicles this summer. The first thing you will need is a popsicle mold. You can either buy one from any grocery store or there are plenty of options online. Next, you will need pre-made Real Good Coffee Co. cold brew, sweeter of choice and your milk of choice. Latte popsicles, here we come! (The following recipe is for a four popsicle mold.)
½ cup milk of choice
3tbsp vanilla syrup
How To Make
- In a pitcher that is easy to pour out of, mix one cup of Real Good Coffee cold brew (that has already been pre-steeped), 3tbsp of vanilla syrup, and ½ cup of your milk of choice.
- Whisk all three ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour your mixture into your popsicle molds and insert a wooden stick.
- Place in the freezer overnight and enjoy the next morning!
This frozen latte pop may not be able to be sipped but it is still refreshingly delicious!
Last, but certainly not least, you can never go wrong with an espresso brownie. Adding espresso to your brownies recipes — it’s magical. The espresso somehow elevates already deliciously chewy brownies and makes it one of the most decedent handheld desserts.
1 cup melted salted butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup ground Real Good Coffee Co espresso
1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
How To Make
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF
- Mix your butter and sugar until it comes to a cream-like consistency.
- Add in your Real Good Coffee ground espresso and mix until combined.
- Add in your flour cocoa o powder, and a pinch of sea salt for taste and stir together.
- Transfer to a 9x13 baking pan that has been lined with parchment paper and bake for 30minutes.
- Once cooked, serve by itself or with a scoop of ice cream on top!
Hopefully one of these decadent recipes caught your eye. If you love the way yours turned out, be sure to tag us on Instagram @RealGoodCoffeeCo!