How to Make a Coffee Face Mask
Oct 27, 2020
DIY coffee face scrub masks offer a fun way to care for your skin and reuse your coffee grounds. You get more bang for your buck when you squeeze two uses out of your coffee! First, you enjoy the delicious beverage when you wake up in the morning. Second, you gain all the coffee face mask benefits, such as softening your skin and removing impurities.
We love finding ways to help our customers use all their resources in clever ways. You can rely on grounds from our assortment of excellent coffees to make your coffee face scrub. You can even brew a cup to enjoy during the beautifying process!
Coffee Scrub Ingredients
Here's what you'll need to make a coffee face mask:
- 1/2 cup of used coffee grounds
- 1 cup of whole milk, though you can also use almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (you can substitute almond or olive oil if you have dry skin)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (those with very oily skin or prone to outbreaks should use more lemon juice instead of honey)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Coffee Ground Mask Instructions
To make the face mask, mix the cocoa powder and coffee grounds in the bowl and gradually pour in milk, stirring until you create a paste. The more milk you use, the thinner the paste. Add the lemon juice and honey, and stir everything gently. Once it is thoroughly mixed, apply the mask to your face. Keep it on for up to 20 minutes, then rinse it off using warm water.
Coffee scrubs remove dead skin from your face, and they can be abrasive. You should use the coffee face scrub once a month to improve your complexion while avoiding overdoing it.
Coffee Face Mask Benefits
Coffee can help your skin in many ways. The benefits of using it in a face mask include:
- Tightening skin: The caffeine in coffee works wonders for tightening your skin. It will feel more springy and flatten wrinkles that begin to gather near your eyes.
- Reducing puffy eyes: When you don't get enough sleep, or you cry, your eyes can become puffy. Using the scrub right under your eyes can de-puff the skin. Coffee reduces inflammation and redness.
- Removing fine lines: Coffee masks can reduce the appearance of fine lines on your face, plumping the skin and filling in the lines. The coffee exfoliates dead skin that can contribute to fine lines.
- Creating a healthy glow: The other ingredients in the coffee mask, including the lemon juice and milk, help your skin give off a healthy glow, brightening your complexion.
- Decreasing acne: Coffee grounds contain sulfur, which dries out your skin and pulls in the excess oil that can lead to acne and breakouts.
Shop Our Coffee Today
As we've mentioned before, you can find so many smart ways to reuse your coffee grounds. To ensure you don't run out, shop our options and place an order with us today to get more coffee. You'll get softer skin and happy taste buds!