Fall In A Cup: Pumpkin Edition
Oct 06, 2022
It’s the most wonderful time of the year and no, we aren’t talking about Christmas just yet. September 22nd marks the first official day of fall and it’s time to celebrate this new season with some delicious fall coffee ideas! First up, you can’t have fall coffee without pumpkin so, of course, we had to start with this fall staple. All of these coffee recipes are so easy to make at home that you might not even go to a coffee shop this season.
All of these recipes involve pumpkin syrup; you can either buy a pre-made pumpkin sauce or make your own at home. If you are wanting to venture out and make your pumpkin spice syrup at home, you can find our recipe in our previous blog post, Cozy Fall Coffee Recipes.
Iced Pumpkin Macchiato
First up is a coffee classic with a twist — the pumpkin macchiato. Now, if you are a coffee purist, this is not going to be your traditional espresso with foam macchiato. This recipe is based on the Starbucks version of a macchiato which is more like an upside-down latte. Even though it's not traditional, we promise you that you won’t be disappointed with this cup of joe.
- 2oz of pumpkin syrup
- 2oz of Real Good Coffee Co. Espresso
- Milk of choice
- Caramel drizzle
- In your glass of choice, pour 2oz of pumpkin syrup into the bottom of the glass.
- Pour in your milk of choice 2/3 of the way to the top of the glass. (You can either leave the syrup layered on the bottom of the glass or you can stir the milk and syrup together for a more even flavor.)
- Next, pour in a scoop of ice and make sure to keep room for the espresso.
- Pull a shot of Real Good Coffee Co. espresso into a small shot glass and layer on top of the milk.
- Last but not least, drizzle the top with caramel drizzle. (Drizzle as liberally as desired based on your sweetness preference.)
If you want the pumpkin flavor to be even more pronounced, try using our Real Good Coffee Pumpkin Spice roast. Brew this coffee in a small and extremely concentrated dose (more coffee grounds and less water) and it will be similar to using espresso. Use the concentrated pumpkin spice coffee in place of the espresso in this recipe and you will have even more delicious pumpkin flavoring!
This can be made iced or hot based on preference.
Pumpkin Spice Chai Latte
There is just something so comforting about a good chai tea latte. Even better it is a pumpkin chai latte! It combines two delightfully heartwarming drinks into one and you can not go wrong with this latte.
- 1 tea bag of spiced chai
- ½ cup milk of choice
- 2oz pumpkin syrup
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- In a small saucepan heat ½ cup of water and bring to a boil with one spiced chai tea bag in the water.
- Once the tea bag has steeped for 4 minutes, squeeze out any excess water from the bag so you don’t lose any of the flavors. (You can do this by using a spoon and pressing it against the side of the pan.)
- Add in ½ cup of your milk of choice as well as a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg. Heat until the desired temperature.
- In a mug, add 2oz of pumpkin spice syrup, and then pour in the chai latte mixture. Give the syrup and chai a stir so the syrup is evenly distributed.
- Top off with whipped cream and sprinkle some more cinnamon on top.
If you prefer your chai latte to be iced, switch out the mug for a glass and fill it to the top with ice. Allow the chai mixture to cool to room temperature before pouring over the ice and follow the same steps as you would with the hot latte.
If you don’t want to worry about steeping a chai tea bag, you can use a chai concentrate instead and heat it with the milk.
Wanting to cut out some sugar? Use a sweetened pumpkin puree instead of the pumpkin sauce. Just heat the pumpkin purée along with the chai/milk mixture on the stovetop to fully incorporate.
Wanna make it a dirty chai? Get an even bigger dose of caffeine and add some brewed Real Good Coffee Co Pumpkin Spice Coffee to it!
White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Latte (aka The Cinderella Latte)
A white chocolate pumpkin spice has affectionally become known as the “Cinderella Latte” and no, you don’t have to be a princess to love this latte. If you love super sweet coffee, then this is the latte for you. Just make sure and drink this before the stroke of midnight so you can get some sleep.
- 2oz Real Good Coffee Co Espresso (Stronger or strongest recommended to balance out the syrup)
- 1 ½ oz of pumpkin syrup
- 1 ½ oz of white mocha sauce
- Milk of choice
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Dash of pumpkin spice
- In a large shot glass, pour in 1 ½ oz of pumpkin syrup and 1 ½ oz of white mocha sauce. (Adjust the amount of syrup to your sweetness preference.)
- Brew one Real Good Coffee Co espresso pod into the shot glass over the syrups.
- Once brewed, stir the syrup and espresso together until the syrup has fully dissolved into the hot espresso and pour into a mug.
- Steam and froth one cup of your milk of choice and pour into your mug over the espresso.
- Top off your latte with whipped cream and a dash of pumpkin spice.
This can be made either iced or hot.
Want even more pumpkin flavor in your coffee? Turn this latte into a café au lait instead and use our Real Good Coffee Co. Pumpkin Spice blend!
Three delicious coffee recipes, plenty of pumpkins, and all the caffeine you could hope for so now it’s time to ring in the fall!
Love the way your latte turned out and want to share it with the world? Don’t forget to tag us at @Realgoodcoffeeco on Instagram.