Summer Coffee Roundup
May 24, 2022
Unless you are a coffee purist, summer is the season to venture out into new coffee territory. Here comes the season of frappes, iced coffees, and cold brew! There are so many options and ways to make these unique, so why wouldn’t you want to try something new? If you are wanting some inspiration on what to make next then you’ve come to the right place! Let’s get started.
The Cold Brew Lemonade
Lemonade is a summer staple. Cold brew is a summer necessity. So, why can’t the two go together? Well, they can and they are actually delicious together! Don’t knock it before you try it because this might be what you end up drinking all summer long. Here’s what you’ll need:
2oz Vanilla or Simple Syrup
- Follow the instructions on making your Real Good Coffee Co. Cold brew.
- Use a lemon squeezer to squeeze the juice of one lemon into a tall glass filled with ice. (You can use a bottle of lemon juice but fresh lemon juice will make this taste so much better!)
- Next, pour in two ounces of vanilla syrup (If you don’t have vanilla syrup, don’t worry. Simple syrup works just as good and is still delicious.)
- Top off with your Real Good Coffee Co. Cold Brew that you have brewed ahead of time and give it a nice stir.
Wanna make it Instagramable? Add a lemon wheel to the rim for that extra dose of summer and snap away. (Don’t forget to tag realgoodcoffeeco on Instagram and show us your creations.)
Cold Brew and Tonic
Coffee and tonic water has quickly become the buzz in local coffee shops. Tonic water naturally enhanced the fruity and floral notes in the brewed coffee and which will leave your taste buds wowed! Not only is it super delicious it’s also super easy to make in the comfort of your home.
2 parts Fever-Tree Tonic Water
Orange Bitters (Optional)
1) Fill your glass of choice with ice
2) Pour in two parts of Fever-Tree tonic water (You can use another brand of tonic water but we recommend Fever Tree for quality.)
3) Slowly top off with your cold brew concentrate
Make sure to pour the cold brew slowly. If you pour it in too quickly the tonic water will react and spillover.
4) Throw in a few dashes of orange bitters
5) Rim the glass with an orange rind
6) Garnish with an orange wheel
Coconut Caramel Latte
You can’t go wrong with sweet and creamy coffee so make sure and try out this delicious caramel and coconut mixture this summer.
1oz Caramel Syrup
2oz Coconut Cream
1) In a small shot glass, pour in 1oz of caramel syrup (either homemade or store bought)
2) Brew your espresso pod and mix it with your syrup
3) In a tall glass, pour 2oz of coconut cream (This is usually sold in a can but it can be found in a convenient squeeze bottle as well.)
4) Add in your espresso and mix the ingredients together
5) Fill with ice to the top and then top off with coconut milk
6) Give it a little stir and enjoy
Wanna make it Instagramable? Add some coconut whipped cream and caramel drizzle on top and snap away!
Sometimes you just need a little extra dose of color and some childhood comfort to get you through the day. Get ready, because this frappe will give you some cupcake nostalgia from your childhood.
2oz Vanilla Syrup
1/2tsp Almond extract
6oz Milk of choice
1) Brew your Real Good Coffee Co. Espresso Pod into a shot glass (We recommend using our Strongest pods since there will be a lot of sugar added to this drink)
2) In a blender add a scoop of ice, 2oz of brewed espresso, 2oz vanilla syrup, 1/2 tsp of almond extract, and 6oz of your milk of choice, and blend until silky smooth. (If you like your frappes thicker then add-in and an extra scoop of ice for desired thickness)
3) Once blended, pour your frappe into your glass of choice
4) Top off with whipped cream and add as many confetti sprinkles as you would like!
Pro Tip: if you don’t have almond extract or aren’t too sure about using it, add in a little more vanilla and dash some more sprinkles on top to make up for it.
Honey Vanilla Latte
If you don’t like to go too out of the box with your coffee but still want things sweet, then this latte is exactly what you need!
1oz Vanilla Syrup
Milk of Choice
1) Brew your Real Good Coffee Espresso Pod into a shot glass with 1oz of honey
2) Stir espresso and honey together until honey is dissolved
3) Fill a tall glass with ice and add in 1oz of vanilla syrup
4) Top off with your milk of choice three-quarters of the way to the top, still leaving room for the espresso
5) Add your honey and espresso mixture to the top
6) Drizzle honey on top of your latte in a criss-cross pattern
Pro Tip: If you like the texture of caramel in caramel macchiatos and want that same texture with this latte then don’t melt your honey with your espresso together. Instead, add the raw honey over the ice. This will crystallize the honey where you will get nice clumps of honey with every sip, similar to the caramel from a caramel macchiato.
There are so many different ways to customize and embrace the flavors of summer with your daily cup of coffee! Hopefully, these recipes helped to inspire you to try something new or even to create a recipe of your own.