The Best Brown Sugar Coffee Recipes
Aug 09, 2022
Ever since brown sugar shaken espresso became popularized, brown sugar in coffee has been taking the coffee drinkers by storm. Not only is it delicious but it has the perfect level of sweetness to it that doesn't overpower your coffee as syrups do. Brown sugar is so versatile and easy to use in your coffee that you can play around with multiple different ways to use it. In case you don’t have the time to experiment, don’t worry, we did it for you. So, here are some of our favorite ways to add brown sugar into the coffee routine.
Iced Brown Sugar Shaken Espresso
Ok, so it wouldn’t be fair to not add this into our brown sugar coffee recipes. While it may sound simple, you just really can’t go wrong with this beverage as it has the perfect balance of strong espresso, a hint of nutty sweetness from the brown sugar, and just the right proportions of milk.
- 2oz of Real Good Coffee Co Espresso (Strength is to your personal preference)
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar (you can add in more if you like your coffee really sweet)
- Milk of choice
How to Make:
- Brew a Real Good Coffee Co espresso pod into a mason jar (a cocktail shaker or container with a lid will work as well).
- Pour one tablespoon of light brown sugar into the freshly brewed espresso. Add in a scoop of ice, place the lid on your mason jar, and shake until the espresso and brown sugar begin to mix. You are going to have a lot of foam in your jar and that is exactly what your want -- the more foam the better.
- Pour the shaken espresso into a glass (including the ice) then top off the espresso with your milk of choice.
- Give your beverage a sprinkle of cinnamon on top as a garnish, stir it up a little bit, sip, and enjoy!
Maple Brown Sugar Latte
If you are someone who is counting down the days until fall, then this coffee recipe may just be for you. Maple syrup and brown sugar may sound like something to put in a cookie recipe instead of a latte -- don’t knock it before you try it. This hot cup of coffee will make you feel all warm and cozy inside while tricking your taste buds into thinking you're eating a delicious dessert straight from the oven, it truly is the best of both worlds.
- 2oz Real Good Coffee Co Espresso (strongest blend recommended)
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Oat milk
How to Make:
- Begin by taking a larger-sized shot glass and pouring one tablespoon of brown sugar and one tablespoon of maple syrup into your glass.
- Brew a Real Good Coffee Co. espresso pod on top and stir until the espresso has completely dissolved the sugar and maple syrup.
- Using a milk frother, froth 6-8oz oat milk to the desired amount of foam.
- Now to assemble! Pick your favorite mug and pour in the espresso, maple syrup, and brown sugar mixture.
- Lastly, top off your espresso with steamed oat milk and you are ready to sip!
These measurements will only give you a slightly sweet latte flavor so if you prefer something sweeter you can add in a little more brown sugar.
Brown Sugar Cinnamon Latte
Let’s just call this a snickerdoodle cookie in coffee form because WOW is it delicious and will leave you wanting more! The cinnamon and brown sugar duo are the closest thing you could get to sipping a delicious snickerdoodle for breakfast all while making sure you are caffeinated and ready to go.
- 2oz Real Good Coffee Co Espresso (Strength is up to personal preference)
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Almond Milk
How to Make:
- In a large shot glass, brew one Real Good Coffee Co espresso pod (or espresso beans).
- Pour two tablespoons of brown sugar and ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon into the freshly brewed espresso and mix until completely combined.
- Once you don’t have any clumps of sugar then pour your espresso mixture into your favorite mug.
- Using a milk frother, froth up 6-8oz of almond milk and pour over your espresso mixture.
- Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon and some brown sugar on top of your latte and you are ready to start sipping!
This latte is also delicious cold as well as hot. Whichever way you make it, be sure the espresso is fully mixed with the brown sugar and cinnamon before adding the milk.
Lavender Brown Sugar Cortado
This decadent and intriguing coffee choice is one you won’t soon forget. Lavender and brown sugar together may not make sense at first, but if you think about it, they are two very earthy coffee additions. The subtle botanicals of the lavender are the perfect compliment to the molasses-forward brown sugar. In other words, this is one coffee creation you have to try!
(A cortado is 2oz of espresso and 2oz of milk, so this beverage will come out small. If you would like to turn it into a latte, simply add in more milk.)
- 2oz Real Good Coffee Co Espresso
- ½ oz lavender syrup
- 1tsp brown sugar
- 2oz steamed oat milk
How to Make:
- In a small 5-6oz glass, brew one Real Good Coffee Co espresso pod or use our espresso beans.
- Add in 1/2oz of lavender syrup and one teaspoon of light brown sugar and stir until the espresso has dissolved everything. (You won't need to move your espresso again, so the mixture can stay in the glass.)
- Next, steam (froth) 2oz of oat milk until you have the desired amount of foam. (Cortados don’t have a lot of foam.)
- Pour your 2oz of steamed milk on top of your espresso and sweetener blend and you are ready to get caffeinated!
You can make an iced cortado by simply not steaming the milk. Ice is up to personal preference as some enjoy ice in their cortados and others do not. The choice is up to you.
These are just a few different ways to enjoy brown sugar in your daily brew but the options are endless!
If you try any one of these recipes, make sure and tag us on Instagram ( @realgoodcoffeeco) and show us those coffee creations with pride!