How to Make Iced Coffee Quickly
Jul 24, 2023
On a scorching summer day or when you need a refreshing pick-me-up, nothing beats a chilled glass of iced coffee. But waiting hours for cold brew or brewing hot coffee and letting it cool can be time-consuming. If you're looking for a quick and easy way to enjoy iced coffee, you're in luck! In this ultimate guide, we'll show you how to make iced coffee quickly, so you can savor the cool, caffeinated goodness in no time.
Why Make Iced Coffee Quickly?
Iced coffee is a delightful treat, offering a smooth and chilled coffee experience that's perfect for hot weather or when you're on the move. Making iced coffee quickly allows you to satisfy your coffee cravings without the need for lengthy brewing or cooling processes. With the right techniques, you can have your refreshing cup of iced coffee in a matter of minutes.
What You'll Need
- Coffee Concentrate or Strong Brewed Coffee: Prepare a concentrated coffee brew or use strong brewed coffee for a robust flavor in your iced coffee.
- Ice Cubes: Have enough ice cubes ready to quickly chill your coffee.
- Sweetener (Optional): If you like your coffee sweetened, have your preferred sweetener on hand.
- Milk or Cream (Optional): For a creamy iced coffee, choose your preferred milk or cream.
- Flavorings (Optional): Experiment with various flavorings like vanilla extract, caramel syrup, or chocolate sauce to customize your iced coffee.
- Shaker or Jar with Lid: Use a shaker or a jar with a tight-fitting lid to mix and chill your coffee quickly.
Note: The method described below uses the flash-chilling technique, which rapidly cools the hot coffee to create a quick iced coffee. Feel free to customize the coffee strength and flavorings to suit your taste.
Step 1: Prepare Coffee Concentrate or Strong Brewed Coffee
Start by brewing a concentrated coffee or a strong batch of coffee. You can use a French Press, AeroPress, or any other coffee maker that produces a strong cup. Alternatively, if you have coffee concentrate on hand, you can use that as a base for your iced coffee.
Step 2: Sweeten and Flavor (Optional)
If you prefer your iced coffee sweetened or with additional flavorings, add your desired sweetener or flavorings to the hot coffee while it's fresh from the brew.
Step 3: Fill the Shaker or Jar with Ice
Fill your shaker or jar about halfway with ice cubes. Make sure it's enough to quickly cool the hot coffee.
Step 4: Pour Coffee Over Ice
Pour the hot coffee over the ice in the shaker or jar. Be careful, as the coffee will be hot.
Step 5: Shake Vigorously
Seal the shaker or jar with the lid and shake vigorously for about 15 to 30 seconds. The shaking action will rapidly cool down the hot coffee and mix it with the ice, creating a chilled and refreshing iced coffee.
Step 6: Serve and Enjoy
Once you've shaken the coffee thoroughly, pour it into a glass filled with ice cubes. Add more ice if needed, and optionally top it off with milk, cream, or any other preferred additions.
- Cold Brew Shortcut: If you have cold brew concentrate on hand, you can also use it for a quick iced coffee. Simply add the cold brew concentrate to the shaker or jar filled with ice, and shake well.
- Experiment with Flavors: Get creative with different flavorings and syrups to discover your favorite iced coffee combinations.
Making iced coffee quickly doesn't mean sacrificing flavor or quality. With the flash-chilling technique, you can have a refreshing and satisfying glass of iced coffee in just a few minutes. Customize it to your taste, experiment with various flavorings, and enjoy the convenience of quick and delicious iced coffee whenever you need a delightful caffeine boost.
Want to take a break from reading? Check out this YouTube video we've made!