Best coffee drinks to make at home are the ones that require minimal effort and provide a satisfying end result, don’t you agree? I am a firm believer that the craft of making delicious coffee drinks isn’t just for professionals!
In this article, I will cover some of the best coffee drinks to make at home, without having to pay a fortune at coffee shops every single time. I will also discuss how you can make use of different tools for brewing coffee and include an easy homemade mocha recipe. Interested? Keep reading!
What are the Best Coffee Drinks to Make at Home?
One of the quickest and most common coffee drinks is a classic filter coffee. The drink has a rich, robust flavor that is perfect for days when you want to relax. Plus, it’s super fast to make and all you need is an automatic coffee maker, water, coffee and paper filters.
Furthermore, with the emergence of dual-boiler espresso machines that produce both filter coffee and espresso, it is easier than ever before to make good tasting coffee at home. Most of them come with milk frothers too, for all you latte lovers out there!
Trust me, when you own such a machine, the possibilities are endless. It’s truly worth the investment. Here are just some of the drinks you could make:
- Espresso, ristretto and lungo
- Espresso-based hot drinks such as americanos, cappuccinos, lattes and mochas
- Iced coffees like iced lattes and iced americanos
- Regular filter coffee
What’s more, you could also use espresso as an ingredient for making a delicious Irish coffee and various coffee cocktails.
How to Use the Right Tools for making Different Coffee Drinks
Coffee can be easy to make when using the right tools. Aside from your coffee maker, a good place to start is with a coffee grinder, be it electric or manual. The grinder will help release all the oils and aromas in the coffee beans that are essential for the full flavor and aroma of your drink.
Another tool I would advise you to use is scales. By weighing the dose of your coffee every time you brew, you achieve two things:
- If you don’t like the result, you will know how much tweaking your recipe needs.
- You can make consistently good coffee once you find the right dose for you.
Tools aside, experimenting with different brewing variables helps. Knowing what type of beans you want to use, how long you are going to let your water boil, and how much pressure you need on your machine, you can make a cup of coffee that tastes as good as anything served in a café.
Easy Homemade Mocha Recipe
This easy homemade mocha recipe is perfect for any occasion, whether you are enjoying it alone on a cold winter evening or surprising your guests by whipping it up for them.
You will need:
- 60ml espresso
- 250 ml milk of your choice
- 3 tbsp chocolate syrup or cacao powder
- Milk thermometer
- Grab a cup and add the chocolate syrup.
- Pull a double shot of espresso in the cup.
- Use a spoon to mix the shot well with the syrup.
- Froth the milk until it reaches 155°F - 165°F or until your pitcher is hot to the touch.
- Pour the milk slowly in your cup using circular motions.
- Sprinkle some chocolate powder or shavings on top and serve!
Whether you are looking for a quick and easy iced coffee, a super elaborate latte or just a cuppa with your breakfast, making coffee drinks at home is possible with the right tools and knowledge. Plus, you can customize your coffee drinks any way you want to so make sure to experiment!