A sweet, frothy milkshake is the perfect treat on a hot summer day, and that treat is even more enjoyable if it's a coffee-flavored milkshake! But milkshakes can be expensive. You could pay three or four times as much for a milkshake as you would for a cup of hot coffee.
You can have your sweet refreshment without spending an arm and a leg by making your coffee milkshake at home. It's more economical, more environmentally friendly, and, best of all, you should have enough ingredients to make this delightful dessert again and again. Learn how to make your own coffee milkshake with this easy recipe.
Coffee Milkshake Recipe
First, gather your ingredients. To make the best coffee milkshake, you need:
- 1 cup of coffee, cooled
- 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 1 teaspoon of hot chocolate or 2 teaspoons of chocolate syrup
- Whipped cream
To make your coffee milkshake, begin by brewing a cup of coffee. Leave it on the counter for a few hours to cool, then pop it in the refrigerator for another two hours to make it cold.
Pour the coffee into a blender and add the vanilla ice cream and the hot chocolate or chocolate syrup. Mix until smooth, but don't let the mixture get too thin. You want a thick shake.
Add a little more ice cream if it seems watery. Divide the milkshake into two glasses — or, if you're feeling really hungry or have a big sweet tooth, keep the entire thing for yourself! Top with the whipped cream.
Make Your Milkshake Look Even Better
After you have topped your shake with whipped cream, you may want to think about presentation, just for fun. Your kids will love helping you decorate your milkshake, and they may steal a few sips as you prepare it. Here are a few ideas:
- The classic: Drizzle a bit more of that chocolate syrup on top of the whipped cream, then sprinkle with chocolate jimmies.
- The rainbow delight: Pop a sliced strawberry on one side of the milkshake and decorate the whipped cream with rainbow sprinkles.
- The sophisticate: Add an elegant straw-shaped cookie to your milkshake, along with some chocolate shavings from your favorite type of chocolate bar.
- The candy crazy: Put an assortment of small candies on top of the whipped cream, in all different flavors and colors.
Prefer your milkshake the old-fashioned way? You don't have to decorate it to enjoy this sweet pick-me-up. The coffee will give you a great jolt and carry you through the rest of your day, while the creamy ice cream fulfills your dessert cravings.
You can rely on Real Good Coffee Company to make the coffee you use in your milkshake. While you're here, try one of the 100% recyclable pods or cups from our organic line to make your coffee. Remember — we have a satisfaction guarantee, whether you're drinking your first cup of morning coffee or this indulgent milkshake late in the afternoon. We can't wait to make one, too!